Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's been a while...

After upgrading my phone I had a devil of a time (and, quite honestly not much time when I was coherent enough to work on it) of getting my iPhone's blogger app to allow me access to publish blogs.

I had actually written several since the last one but ultimately had to delete that blog (this losing the unpublished blogs) so here I am with a lot if catching up to do.

So, let's start at the top. Even though I am slightly more coherent than in the past it still takes a ton of editing to communicate through text. While telling heavily on the iphone's autocorrect feature I still find myself so out of it that I do things such as spelling even the simplest 4-4 letter words wrong and spend as much time editing what I have written then the time it took to write it in the first place.

Cheryl lost her 4+ year battle with the MRSA in the boned of her left foot and had everything in front of her leg amputated several weeks ago. right now she is having to wear a prototype brave a few hours a Fay and then when she sleeps at night to keep her heel and what small part of her foot is remaining from rolling to the side. (an additional surgery to cut her Achilles tendon would be a permanent fix but they ate trying to avoid any more surgery. once her foot is stabilized they will give her the prosthetic they have already fitted for.

After what was close to 18 months of unemployment Chris got hired at a local computer store (there goes our transportation to the doctor...) and is averaging over 50 hours a week. We barely see him any longer.

To end on a high note, Carl and Bonnie had a baby girl (7 PBS 8 oz, 19" long) named Carlimae Elizabeth about 6 weeks ago. She is a beautiful baby and I look forward to the times that they bring her down on the weekends.

So now I am all caught up. As far as what the future holds, I have applied for Social Security Disability and am waiting on a decision from them. the LTD folks have a lawyer standing by to assist in the appeal if it comes to that. Meanwhile I go nowhere except to doctor's offices and am still getting regular injections in my spine.

As Bugs Bunny says, "That's all folks...." Now it's time fire to take my morning meds so don't expect anything near this coherent for the rest of the day.,.

No comments:

Post a Comment